Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Dia De Los Muertos Halloween Makeup Tutorial

So while all the other little girls are running around wanting to be princesses and unicorns for Halloween, my little girl wants to be a Dia De Los Muertos (Day of the Dead) girl for Halloween.

We've gone to two Fall Festivals already, so I'm getting some practice at doing the makeup.  The first day I was really rushed to get her ready for her school Fall Festival.


My daughter Sandra and I at her school Fall Festival.

The next day I had a little more time to perfect my makeup job.  So here is a little timeline of photos:


Tools used: Hot rollers, vampire Halloween makeup, Claire's eye glitz, a black kohl eyeliner pencil, an old lipstick brush, and some makeup sponges.


We used a makeup sponge to apply the white Vampire Halloween makeup all over the face.


Then I used a lipstick brush to apply the black Vampire Halloween makeup around the eyes and nose.  I used an eyeshadow sponge applicator and the red Vampire makeup to apply the little red heart on the forehead.


I continued with the red around the eyes and above the heart.  Adding some Claire's red and black eye glitz for a little shimmer.




I went in with some more black for details.  We added flowers on her cheeks and did her lips in red, lining them with black.  Extend the black lines away from the mouth and make the "stitches".  Final step apply some cosmetics glitter to highlight the heart and red dots around the eyes, as well as the nose.  I just used my ring finger to apply the glitter.


All dressed up and at the second Fall Festival.  


Profile shot to show the flowers on the cheeks.





In front of one of the little "coffin" cars that were in the Halloween Parade.

There you go, a Dia De Los Muertos Makeup Tutorial.  The hard part is keeping your child still long enough to put the makeup on!!

Early Happy Halloween Everyone!





5 comments:

  1. She is too cute! That is very popular right now! I've been seeing manicures, cookies etc incorporating it into Halloween. Great job with her makeup.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, she is super adorable and good job on the makeup! I can never pull off something like that. xx

    Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great make up and photos!!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute! I did this as a costume a few years back- your makeup idea is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really awesome job! Both her makeup and costume are stellar! I love the she enjoys going for more unique disguises than most kids her age. Good for her!

    Tons of happy Halloween wishes to your whole family,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete