Monday, July 14, 2014

Classic Chanel No 5


I'm lucky to have a godfather who likes to shop.  The other day we were shopping and passed by the Chanel counter.  I stopped to smell the perfumes.  After painting so many Chanel items, I wanted to refresh my memory of how the perfume smelled.  I'm very careful about what fragrances I wear, because even if I like it the first time, after a couple of days I usually can't handle a fragrance anymore.  I sprayed myself with the sample bottle just to see if I could last all afternoon with this scent on me.  Then my godfather surprised me by buying me a bottle of the classic eau de parfum!  Lucky me!  There really is a difference between the parfums and colognes.  The parfums last so much longer.  The fragrance lingers in the room subtly after you have applied it. 

The top notes are Ylang-Ylang, Neroli, Aldehydes
Middle notes are Jasmine, mayrose
Base notes are Sandalwood, Vetiver

To me the scent is a classic pretty and comforting powdery floral scent.  Plus the bottle will look stunning on my dresser!

It is said that Coco Chanel created this scent to epitomize the modern flapper and speak to the liberated spirit of the 1920s.


2 comments:

  1. Your godfather is the best! That was so sweet of him :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! That bottle is so artful and iconic looking too!

    Rowena @ rolala loves

    ReplyDelete